A DNS protocol library written completely in managed code (C#). Supports common DNS records types like A, CNAME, MX, SRV, and more. Works on Windows .NET 2.0, 3., Mono 2.0, and .NET CF 2.0 for Pocket PC / Windows Mobile. Supports DNS resoluiton
using both UDP and TCP protocols.
On Pocket DnDns
DnDns Supported Record Types
AAAA, AFSDB, A, ATMA, CNAME, HINFO, ISDN, LOC, MB, , MG, MINFO, MR, MX, NS, PTR, RP, RT, SOA, SRV, TXT, WKS, X25, TSIG
- Provided initial code for TCP support.
- linux/unix DNS server detection
- for finding a series of bugs casting from bytes to short
- for adding support for TSIG
and others for reporting bug fixes. Thanks!
- Improved slow DNS resolution & added support for retrieving multiple DNS servers